So Lilith's babies have turned jet black inside their 'incubation cell.' Not surprising given Lilith's long association the darker side of life. The birthing process is planned for the Summer Solstice.
eucalyptus leaves, seed heads from East Lothian coastal path, scrap metal, cochineal dye bath residue on silk organza eucalyptus leaves, crushed cochineal, seed heads from East Lothian coastal path, scrap metal, on silk noile eucalyptus leaves, crushed cochineal, copper nail on silk noile in madder dye bath residue eucalyptus leaves, scrap metal on silk noile eucalyptus leaves, scrap metal on silk organza bonus - variegated dyed natural yarns for weaving All dye pots bottled for one month using India Flint's 'Stuff, Steep and Store' method
... to open Lilith's jar. A bit of a messy process it was. I unwrapped 6 'babies', rinsed them and hung them out to dry in the solstice sunshine. Some of the marks are quite interesting close up. I am planning to make a cloth book with these pieces. I kept 5 wrapped for later. I rinsed them and left them to dry. They changed quite dramatically after 24 hours I quite like them as objects, but would also like to unwrap them to see what marks they have produced!
Comments
Post a Comment